16 March 2017

New Path, New Life



Hi!
Again, long time no see...
Sorry for not posting for such a long time, but my life were into a huge transition for a couple month and I almost haven't found a right time to write on my blog. In short, I had quit my previous job, move to another city and worked there for a short time before I left the country and moved overseas. Yes, finally I fulfilled my dream to life overseas and currently living and working in Japan.



Living in Japan was one of my biggest dream and target. After failed an entrance exam for design programs in one of the most prestigious university in my country, I choose Japanese Language as my major in hope someday I can learn about fashion and design in Japan, and I thought I must understand about the language first. While I don't get chance to learn about Japanese fashion in formal way, I got lots of knowledge about Japanese fashion (and fashion in general) when I were working in garment factory, job I landed after finished university and one year working as secretary. Four years in factory, I know I can't wait anymore. If I stuck on my comfort zone, I would never be able to make it.

Live is an adventure. Borrowed the tagline from TV commercial that was popular years a go, seems the adventurous soul is running through my family.  My grandparent from my father went to France for going into university and became an artist (he was a dancer and painter) in 1930's and also fall in love with India and stayed there for quite long time.

We absolutely didn't have the same luxury and privilege as my grand father, but my father went to Saudi Arabia for working in 1970's then went to Germany for short study when I were 3 years old. Now is my turn to spread my wings and leave the nest.

My current job in Japan now is far from the fashion and design world, but its still linked to my other passion, words. I finally found a job that doesn't required me to be a 'well salary servant' so I got plenty of me-time now. No longer stay in office until late night because the boss hasn't going home yet. No more phone call at the midnight because one of my boss forgot his purse on taxi. No more phone call at weekend, after the re-buried of your grandfather ceremony because your boss cannot watching television. The most important thing is, no more woke up at 4:30 AM and not go to sleep again after morning pray because your job started at 7 AM and you must leave home around 6 AM just to back to work after 6 PM, plus overtime on weekend. Funny that my current employer in Japan is the most not-so-Japanese company in my entire work experiences.

Off course I still cannot give any judgement or story about Japan since I just living here for a month and half. My current feeling is mix between anxious and excite.  For me, every place have a good and a bad side, and human are same, you'll meet nice people and annoying people everywhere. The only think that I can say now is,
Be spontaneous, but don't forget to make plans

Cheers!






14 comments:

  1. Teh, im so proud of you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ berjuang demi passion itu nggak mudah lho.. Dan bisa mewujudkannya itu adalah berkat yang luar biasa ๐Ÿ˜‡
    Kalo aku ingin tinggal di Holland bisa nggak ya hahaha. Tapi ke Jepang deh mengunjungi teteh :))

    Foto-fotonya itu pake kamera apa ya teh? Atau hp? Kece banget ๐Ÿ˜†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya Nesa, Alhamdulillah...
      Insyaallah bisa kali, nggak ada yang mustahil kecuali makan kepala sendiri ehehehe..
      Foto-fotonya campur, kebanyakan pake Samsung NX3000 kecuali yg pemandangan kota itu pake kamera hape ASUS Zenfone 3 tapi off course semuanya udh dire-touch hihihi

      Delete
  2. Semangat terus.... Ya sekar chan.... Sukses selalu ╭( ・ใ…‚・)ูˆ ̑̑

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alhamdulillah Ya Alloh seneng banget denger ceritanya Teh, sehat dan lancar selalu ya kerjaan dan hidup di LN. Tulisan ini bikin aku terharu buat semangat meraih mimpi-mimpi aku hihi, biasanya temen2ku ke LN buat Traveling atau kuliah lagi tapi aku justru pengen kayak Teteh, berkarya dan meraih passion, ah doain aku ya Teh semoga suatu saat bisa tinggal di LN sama keluarga hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makasih Sandra <3 Seneng juga kalau ternyata cerita saya bisa bikin orang lain jadi semangat :D Sebenernya pengen sih kuliah lagi, cuma otaknya mentok, cuma bisa dipake buat nyari duit doang ahahaha.

      Aamiin, mudah-mudahan Sandra juga bisa secepatnya ngajak keluarga 'melihat dunia' :))

      Delete
  4. Alhamdulillah..ikut seneng buat sekar..one of your biggest dream had come true๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜..btw sekar tnggl di kota apah? Beberapa tmn kul aku jg ada yg krja d japan..alumuni s.jep unpad..mdh2an msh 1 circle ya..ganbatte sekar-san ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah teh Gita :)
      Saya di Tokyo sekarang. Temen teh Gita yang alumni s. Jepang Unpad dimana ya? aku punya temen kerja alumni s. Jepang Unpad jg klo gak salah, cuma ditempatinnya di Fukuoka.

      Ganbarimasu!

      Delete
  5. Enaaknyaaa.. Aku jg pgn bgt bisa tinggal di luar mba. Tp kamu beruntung ih bisa di jepang. Dari sekian bnyk negara yg aku pernah datangin, jepang hrs aku akuin the best. Aku suka orang2nya, sopan, ramah bgt ama turis, helpful, trs kotanya super bersih, fasilitas komplit.. Kmrn 10 hr di jepang aku g puas.. Pgn balik lg pokoknyaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah dikasih jalannya Mbak :)
      Kebetulan memang bidang keahlian saya hubungannya sama Jepang sih, jadinya ya terdampar di sini hehe.
      Jepang ada baik dan buruknya juga sih, dibilang super bersih juga nggak sebenernya XD cuma masih nyaman buat ditinggali.
      Mudah-mudahan Mbak Fanny bisa cepet-cepet balik ke Jepang ya :)

      Delete
  6. Selamat menempuh hidup baru mbak, di Jepang udah pd ramah sama muslimah. Semoga sukses jg di tempat baru :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih Mbak April :). Orang Jepang nggak secara langsung nunjukin judgement mereka sih, jadi ya dipermukaan ramah-ramah aja, plus mereka nggak begitu peduli sama yang namanya agama, jadi mau Muslim, Kristen, dll kayaknya sama aja buat mereka hehe

      Delete
  7. We are live near!!!
    Your courage is so beautiful!
    I live in Shimokitazawa near Shibuya or Shinjuku.
    I would love to see you someday :))
    Padomaใ•ใ‚“、ใŠไป•ไบ‹ใŒใ‚“ใฐใฃใฆใญ!!ๅฟœๆดใ—ใฆใพใ™。

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akikosan, I really love Shimokitazawa!!
      I currently working in Shinjuku (very near to Shinjuku Takashimaya) and I would love to see you too :))

      ใ‚ใใ“ใ•ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใŠไป•ไบ‹ใ‚’้ ‘ๅผตใฃใฆใญ!ใ‚ใใ“ใ•ใ‚“ใฎใ‚คใƒฉใ‚นใƒˆใŒๅคงๅฅฝใใชใฎใง、็งใ‚‚ใ„ใคใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ“ใ•ใ‚“ใฎใ“ใจใ‚’ๅฟœๆดใ—ใฆใพใ™。

      Delete

Feel free to comment but please keep polite and nice :)
Anonymous comment will automatically deleted.